Hello, my lovelies.
I want to begin by explaining my lack of posts last week, I’ve had two important birthdays over the last couple of weeks and spent lots of timing preparing for them, as well as life’s regular up and downs impacting on my spare time.
Anyhow, today I want to discuss the products and practices I rely on to beat the bloat. As always I am no doctor, nutritionist or other expert just a girl with a big interest in health. *Photos my own or via Tumblr. 💕
- If I’m feeling bloated I will avoid lentils, chickpeas and other legumes and instead look at tofu, tempeh and nut butters for protein as these cause less gas.
- Making tea with fresh mint leaves and ginger helps digestion and eases any pain.
- Adding in fermented foods like saukeraut and kimchi to salads is an easy way to encourage good gut health.
- Look into vegan versions of bone broth, with options like miso soup and other fermented soups.
- Do yoga postures like cobra, spinal twists, cat cow and warrior variations. Doing these while deep belly breathing will also really help.
- Think about the extra salt you may be consuming ( I struggle with this one).
- Apply a wheat bag to your abdomen to soothe.
- If you struggle to drink enough water add in water filled fruits and vegetables like cucumbers, watermelon, asparagus, celery and cherries into your daily diet.
- Aim for small meals often.
- Chewing on foods like corn crackers, rye toast, and popcorn can settle an angry stomach.
- Sodas of any kind aren’t helping you or your gut. Same goes for lollies including chewing gum, which encourages bloating since you are letting in air while you chew.
- Light foods like soups, stews and smoothies are great on bloaty days.
- Reguarly stretch before bedtime.
- Sleep as long as you can.