Guess what? It’s my birthday tomorrow! I am going to the Zoo with my mum and dad and on the weekend will celebrate with my boyf, I bought a new green dress and a polka dot dress because I couldn’t pick just one (bad).
The only thing I’m mad about is that Nelson Mandela’s birthday is today and we could have shared a birthday, he is such an incredible man. I can’t wait for my dog to celebrate even though she doesn’t know what she is celebrating which is the cutest thing. 🐶
I want to share 20 lessons I have learnt recently, in the last year or gradually over time. I hope you enjoy this post as its slightly different to my normal posts. 💕
- Makeup ain’t gonna do anything if you don’t first invest in the best skincare you can afford. If you have twenty dollars to spend on a cleanser or an eyeshadow always go for the cleanser.
- Saying no is something you need to practise if you are someone like me.
- Raw cakes often have the same calories in them when compared to a regular cake so if you prefer a big slice of good old chocolate cake go for that instead.
- Good health is a blessing and is something to be treasured.
- Animals deserve our help so much.
- Keep cans of lentils, chickpeas, tomatoes, and sweet corn in the cupboard so you can always cook something. Same goes for rice and stock cubes.
- Surrounding yourself with plants is good for mental health.
- Service animals are incredible and deserve a National day of recognition.
- When it comes to bronzer and contouring less truly is more.
- If you have extra time, money or energy please consider volunteering or donating to anything that helps cancer.
- Making your own pet food is so much better for your pet and their future.
- Crying doesn’t make you weak. Crying is a sign of intelligence.
- If you can’t afford a personal trainer, look in to classes at your local gym to keep you motivated and to work on your form.
- If you are lucky enough to have kind parents and grandparents spoil them.
- Baking and listening to music at the same time can be a cheap form of therapy.
- De cluttering your phone once or twice a fortnight will also declutter your brain space.
- When choosing a highlighter go for a subtle, non sparkly formula as these are elegant and more flattering then glitter versions.
- Celebrate any occasion you can with loved ones.
- Essential oils in shower products get brownie points for their relaxation factor.
- Its okay to pick a career, then pick another and still not quite know what you are doing. You are human.