Hello you lovely lot.
A few posts ago I spoke about what Hygge is and why I’m trying to bring more of it into my life and I now want to discuss ideas to make your night more cosy and relaxed or ‘ hygge’.
Without further ado let’s go ❤️ If you enjoy this post also check out my morning ritual posts.
- Pick a bedtime and stick to it so your body gradually learns to wind down at the same time each night. (between you me and WordPress I’m awful at this).
- Pick a drink which you love without caffeine such as sleepy tea, caffeine free cocoa, or soya milk with cinnamon and a maple syrup and drink this a little before sleep.
- Turn off your tv, tablet, and phone at least one hour before bedtime. You want to signal to your body that it’s time to relax.
- Invest in lovely, warm blankets and quilts and create a little nest for yourself to look forward to each night. In summer make sure you have a cool room with good ventilation and water nearby.
- Fairy lights are a wonderful, comforting addition to a bedroom.
- Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon and Rosemary are just a few of the scents that promote sleep. You can have dried herbs in a bowl or use essential oil diffuser.
- Listen to a podcast, or read a relaxing book before you sleep. I like reading about yoga, self love, and animals ( always animals) before I go to sleep each night.
- On that note, cuddle your pet or find a comforting thing to hold such as big pillow ( this isn’t just for little ones).
- If you shower at night time, pick products that promote relaxation like a lavender body wash, or a uplifting citrus scent.
- Tell people, pets, or plants how great they are before you sleep.
Wishing you restful nights 😴💕