I’m struggling to type quickly at the moment, as I’ve hurt my wrist exercising and I have it strapped: so I apologise for any typos or oddities if you have noticed any!
I wanted to share with you my daily makeup and skin routine, which is also the same as my ‘going out ‘ makeup, just with less eyeliner and lipstick. In a pinch I can do this in five minutes if I rush, and don’t dance around to music inbetween applying each product.
Beautiful makeup starts with beautiful skin – Shu Uemura
1. Cleanse / Tone / Apply SPF moisturiser.
2. Apply a hydrating or colour correcting serum or primer.
3. Your choice of foundation to smooth features ( I go for a mineral powder ).
4. Apply regular concealer and under eye corrector if needed.
4. If your skin is oily or eats up makeup like my own, add in a loose powder or setting spray (cheapies work fine for this).
5. Intensify eye colour by applying a brow power or pencil ( I prefer pencil for precision).
6. Apply cream highlighter just below the brows, in a C shape around the eyes, on the bridge of the nose, and on the Cupid’s bow.
7. Apply eyeliner and or eyeshadow
8. Curl the lashes and apply a lengthing or thickening mascara
9. Finish with lip balm, gloss or lipstick.
Makeup Touch Up Tips
- Use a blotting paper to prevent shine
- If you feel or look tired touch up your highlighter and mascara.
- Moisturise lips after eating and apply more lip product of your choosing.
- Use a thermal water spray in hot or humid weather.
- To turn day makeup into night, apply darker eyeshadow, extra eye liner and some sparkly earrings.
- For an instant update of your look, either put hair into a big bun or let your hair down.
- When having a bad day, put on red lipstick !