Are you on a budget?
Are you stuck in style rut?
Where I am right now it’s really cold and all I want to do, besides drink almond chai lattes is to buy a beanie and a coat a week, but I am trying to save for things such as a heated dog bed (yes really),
So I have asked my stylish friends ( and my Mumma ) for their tips and tricks for changing or updating one’s style without hassle or money,
I am excited to share these tips and hope they help you to save a few pretty pennies,
I have also been watching some great YouTubers who discuss fashion on a budget and clothing organisation/tips and will link them below.
- Replace cheap looking plastic buttons on your favourite blazer or coat with some smart metal or pearl ones
- Invest in a fabric shaver so that you can revamp any old looking knits by removing pilling
- Buy one pair of fancy leather boots every year or two and when they begin to look worn take them to a cobbler for a new heel
- Tie scarves around bags, hats and even ballet flats for an inexpensive update
- Go for dainty jewellery over thick chunky pieces as dainty pieces tend to look more elegant and less cheap than big jewels
- If you need an update and can’t bare to go totally cold turkey buy a couple of beautiful socks, necklaces or gloves for a cheaper upgrade than buying a new coat or dress
- Play around with textures to add interest to a monochrome outfit
- Try adding sparkles, diamantes or wild patterns to small part of your outfit, such as a scarf or earrings; as my super stylish mum often does with her socks
- If your budget can’t stretch to nice shoes consider going for faux suede over fake leather as it tends to look smarter
- Save up every year for a few keys pieces that you can’t stop thinking about; for me this year it’s a pair of Obus boots and a Gorman beanie
- Keep in mind celebrities such as Emma Watson, Emma Stone and Cate Blanchett who all wear a mixture of low and high-end brand
- Cotton, Wool and Linen almost always look expensive, even if they’re not
Closest Organisation by White Piece – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_vpBenn8tw&t=25s
Wardrobe Refresh by Rachel Aust – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_vpBenn8tw&t=25s
Capsule Wardrobe by Kitty Cotten – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HboKcJ99yRk
Wardrobe essentials by The Anna Edit – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wKfcY5zXz4