It was really hard for me to pick a title because this recipe takes around five minutes and uses very few ingredients, so perhaps either of those would have made for a more impressive title,
This recipe is vegan aside from the honey which can be swapped for coconut, agave or maple syrup and my boyfriend eats it with relish and that’s saying something because he strongly dislikes raw, clean or non-sugar laden deserts.
Chill coconut cream in fridge for around 3 hours ( I hate waiting but it makes the coconut cream much easier to whip)
Coconut Peanut Mousse
1 can full-fat coconut milk (light coconut cream will not whip)
4 tablespoons smooth natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup or syrup of your choice
Choice of toppings such as berries, bananas, chopped peanuts, coconut flakes, cocoa powder etc.
- Whip coconut cream in a large bowl using electric mixer or handheld whisk until it is thick, creamy and peaks are beginning to form
- Using a small wooden spoon mix in peanut butter until the coconut cream turns a caramel colour and the peanut butter has blended seamlessly with the coconut
- Now add in sweetener and mix well until you have a beautiful thick mousse
- Transfer mousse to four small bowls or mugs and chill for one hour
- Serve with your choice of toppings and an extra sprinkle of syrup